Monday, May 20, 2013

I've been accepted into Disney's animation internship!

While animating in lab at Academy of Art University, I got a call from Walt Disney Animation Studios, informing me that I got the summer internship! My hands started shaking and my stomach started doing somersaults. This company has inspired me since I was a kid. I remember lying on the rug at our neighbor's house, watching Aladdin on repeat then running outside to pretend I was flying on a magic carpet. I remember getting my first job as an actress to pay for art school tuition, playing Disney princesses for little girl's birthday parties. Every performance I would kneel down and tell them their dreams could come true if they work hard and believe in themselves. Now in one month I'll be starting a new chapter in my life as an animation intern, and I feel like my life has started to turn around and come full circle. I'm nervous and excited and I can't wait to start!

6 comments:

  1. Nicole I was checking out your site to see if you posted any news on the internships you had applied for... this is exactly what I was hoping to see!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you. You deserve it girl. Have a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nicole.
    Nice Blog and Hp.. :)
    Congratulation.. i think its not easy to get it.
    What a dream. :)
    Best,
    Norman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I was just wondering how long does it take for Disney to reply back after you applied for the internship? and normally if they take down the position does it mean they found someone for the job? Sorry about randomly asking this.
    Best,
    Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. around what month does Disney open the position to apply for the internships?

    ReplyDelete